Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Music That Touches

Every so often, I hear a song that brings me tears. It seems to reach into my heart and hold on tight. I listen to a variety of music. And there are three types of songs that truly get to me:
1. Songs that glorify my Jesus
2. Songs about Mother-Daughter relationships
3. Songs about Father-Daughter relationships


Carrie Underwood's song "Mama's Song" has stolen the first place spot for the Mother-Daughter song. 


And Phil Wickham's "Divine Romance" is in first place for worship songs. But the song for Father-Daughter is constantly changing. 


For the longest time it was Bob Carlisle's "Butterfly Kisses" (So much so that I constantly cry when I hear it.) Then Steven Curtis Chapman came out with "Cinderella" and that stole my heart as well. Country singers are especially good at writing and singing songs like that such as "I Loved Her First" and "Stealing Cinderella" just to name a couple. But there is one that  I absolutely adore.


I heard it for the first time a couple months ago, and fell in love with it. Then I 'forgot' about the song until now. I know it sounds so cliche, but I truly think of my Daddy when I hear it. The song is by Point of Grace and it is called "King of the World". 
My favorite part of the song is the chorus:

"Dance me, dance me around 
till my feet don't ever touch down
There's nothing better than being your girl
and if I am your Princess then Daddy,
You are the King of the World."

I love my Daddy. And I know that he is the "King of the World". 
So Daddy, this song is for you! 

Love, 
A Daddy's Princess 
J♥

No comments:

Post a Comment