Friday, September 24, 2010

A Thankful Heart....

I was washing dishes after dinner (a chore my whole family will tell you I dislike with a passion), and grumbling. "Ugh I hate doing dishes." "So many dishes..." and so on my complaints went. Then, very quietly, subtley, I heard a small voice saying, "well at least you have dishes to wash." Now I dont handle these quiet voices very well. Usually I get emotional and contrite, filled with sorrow because I was so foolish. The same thing happened tonight- minus the tears. And as I stood there washing plates, cups, and utensils, instead of grumbling I turned my heart to thankfulness. I thanked the Lord for plates, and bowls, and cups. I thanked Him for the hot water to wash the dishes, and the soap and sponge to do the job. I thanked God for the food we were able to cook in the pots and pans. And then I thanked the Lord for opening my eyes to see how truly "rich" I really am. I have so much compared to some people who have nothing. And I am so thankful for that. So as I washed dishes and prayed, my heart became lighter, and the chore went by faster. Now, I dont love doing dishes (in fact I left a couple pots to soak, to come type this), and it is still a chore that I probably will not enjoy doing. But before I start complaining, I have to remember to be thankful that I have dishes to do. And talk to God, because then the chore goes by faster.

With a thankful heart,
J♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment