Monday, October 18, 2010

My Bible Characters are... Vegetables?

Sitting around the dinner table, Jo is telling my dad about the Bible study we had Sunday at church. (The Church of Smyrna) Along the way, she says the name King Darius. My mom, looks at us and says,

"Why do i picture him as a vegetable?"

Well can you just imagine what happened? Everyone is laughing hysterically. and to make things even sweeter, my dad says,

"I thought he was the chocolate."

well, we certainly couldnt have our Bible characters mixed around, so giggling, we tell him,

"That is king Nebudchanezzur!" "The bunny, the bunny, oh i love the bunny. i dont want my soup or my bread just the bunny..." laughing with tears, we sing the finale song, "and so we learned that God's word is for everyone, now that our song is done we'll take a look".

Reflecting back on this, I realized that i know most of the stories in the Bible because of Veggie Tales. Yes, it gets kinda confusing when i match up the name with an aspargus, cucumber, carrot, tomato... and yet, i know the story, and most of the time, where it can be found.

So the conclusion to our crazy memory lane of Veggie Tales, is vegetables are good for you.

Who knew?

Now that my song is done,
J♥

No comments:

Post a Comment